My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.janiceolivia.com/?page_id=31
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hey, do I know you? You look just like...

Has anyone ever told you this, "You look just like someone I know."

Whenever someone says that to me, I have a curious side that wants to meet or at least see a picture of my so called, "twin." But also, the wiser part of me does not want to even venture in to ease my curiosity.
How many times do you see your "twin" and think, "Oh my.... I look just like THEM?"

One day someone came up to my sister, Lyndsey and said..."You look like someone...who is it? OH I know who it is! You look just like the girl on Princess Diaries! "
Lyndsey, so honored to be compared to the glamorous Anne Hathaway responds..."Why thank you!"
The "girl-who-said-too-much-already-she-better-watch-out" girl says, " Yeah, you know...the best friend. You look just like her!"
And I would just like to add, the girl who gave Lyndsey that "compliment" was very wrong. Lyndsey is one of the most beautiful women I know.
I'm not saying the best friend was ugly by any means....but I think they purposely made her look that way in the movie. At least I hope so. I am not saying any of this to degrade in anyway.


But what if...Just what if someone came up to you and said...."You remind me of someone....Who is it?. You look just like someone I know...Oh yeah! it's Jesus."
Now THAT is an honor.
I was in Walgreens tonight in Branson and started speaking to this lady. As I began to talk with her, I just KNEW she loved God.
It wasn't from anything in particular that she said. She wasn't preaching to me. She did not even say anything about church or God. She was just looking at vitamins in Walgreens.
But as I began speaking to her, I began to sense the love of God on the inside of her. We continued to talk and I said, "You're a believer right? You love Jesus? "
She said, "Yes, I do. So much. "
I said, "I could tell. Isn't that amazing how we can just tell?"
And from there, we continued to talk about the great things God has been doing and has yet to do. I got to invite her to church, which she was looking for a church. I also got to pray with her...all in the Walgreen's vitamin section...It was just a divine appointment and I'm so thankful to the Lord for that.

But there was a beauty on the inside of her that emanated out. A deep beauty. Physically (to the world's standards) , she wasn't anything stupendous....but the beauty that she held was far greater than anything the world could fathom.
She brought Love to the Branson Walgreens.

I've used this scripture in another previous blog, but it bears repetition.
Acts 4:13:
The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men who had had no special training. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus.


Matthew 5:14-16 describes it perfectly:
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."


Oh what an exciting thing to be able to show people Jesus.
Your greatest ministry is not in a pulpit in front of thousands...it's how your life is lived in front of one.

Bring.love.wherever.you.go.

xoxo.
jen


P.S. I move back to Texas Friday! yipee!

2 comments:

Max. said...

man that lady got some "nutrition" that day!

Belinda said...

Loved your blog! I totally know what you mean when people say 'you look just like...' I think just like you, I wanna see a picture...but then I don't really...I think some people don't think before they speak... :-/ BUT I LOVE the end of the story! Yes, you sure can see Jesus in people and he does bring such a beauty to the ordinary...thank you for sharing your stories! Love you!