My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.janiceolivia.com/?page_id=31
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No greater love...

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Ok. I'm going to get a little personal here. Reveal a little bit of my heart...just a little.

As I'm writing this, I am sitting on my bed, all dressed up...

I have a date tonight...


A "Father/Daughter" date with my "stepdad" Steve. Tonight, I am making a covenant with him...

A covenant of purity and commitment.

A covenant of standing by him in life and in ministry.

And a covenant to give him a precious place in my heart...



This is the Lord's doing. and it is marvellous in my eyes. (psalm 118:23)
A few months ago, I would not let him have access to my heart. I closed it off towards him.
He is absolutely one of the most kindest, sincere men I have EVER met.

He would try to get close, and I would bottle up....and frankly, I was rude and did not walk in love. I did not even accept him.

But the Lord let me see His goodness in Steve. See him how He sees him....love Him, not out of human love... but the very love God has, is in my heart...because of the Holy Spirit.

He made my mother the happiest she has ever been. She is living the dream that she has always had in her heart.
Stephen Swisher laid down his entire life for my mother, risking his accredidation, his friends and more.

John 15:13
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

He laid down his life.


I think about this past year...and I get tears in my eyes because I think of the absolute goodness of God.


Look where He has brought us.

and Look where we are going...


pictures to come.

Thankful,
Jenny


P.s. I'm glad I wore waterproof mascara :)

6 comments:

The Makings of Mandi said...

This is awesome...thanks so much for sharing! I'm glad you were able to allow Mr. Swisher a place in your heart.

Linda said...

I love that you shared this part of your heart. You are so blessed!

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful what the Holy Spirit does in our hearts when we allow Him too. I trust that your "date" was a time of fresh and new beginnings.
Teresa

Kari said...

Well, I don't have waterproof mascara on today while reading this - but that's okay :o) Small tears of Joy are beautiful. Precious.

love.love.

Anna said...

I am so touched by this entry. I take it Steve is a step dad? Well, I honestly could not say it better than you have. My step dad, coincidentally also named Steve, has been the greatest blessing to my whole family. I get emotional when I think of how just 2 yrs ago when he came, I thought I hated him for winning my mom's heart. He has been one of the greatest influences and supports in my life. It's amazing how God takes care of his children!

Unknown said...

I cried when I read this, that you could allow yourself to be so open and honest. I have a step mother and a stepfather,and I know how it is a two way street. There are many emotions for everyone and it must be a commitment to God. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Robin Bremer