My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.janiceolivia.com/?page_id=31
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Know Him as ___fill in the blank ____ .





Started writing a book today.

It's been on my heart to do for a while.

Not as easy as I expected it to be.

Not so much for the writing and technical part of it, but for what it requires me to do. It requires me to dig into a tender place of my heart. A place that was broken. A place I have allowed Him to heal from over 6 years ago.

It's also a place I had covered up as if covering it with a rug. The rug didn't remove anything, it just wasn't visible to anyone.

Over the last couple years, I let God truly uncover the rug and do His work. I've realized that if you let Him, He comes and fills you in every part of who you are, with everything He is.

The beauty of Him being Everything, is that He is EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

You're struggling with anxiety, worry or fear? He is PEACE. {Ephesians 2:14 - For He Himself is our peace...}

You run short on your bills/payments and not able to feed your family that night? He is PROVIDER {Romans 8:32- He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things.}

You entered into a deep depression because of something that happened? He is JOY {Psalm 31:24- Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the LORD.. }

You feel weak because of something that happened in your life? He is STRENGTH {nehemiah 8:10 - The joy of the Lord is your Strength.}

You didn't have an earthly father that stayed around and you've tried your whole life to be seen as beautiful? He is DADDY {Romans 8:15- ...you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."}


The places of your heart that is broken..He comes and is HEALING {Malachi 4:2 But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings...} .


I will tell more about this book as time goes on.

But digging in this tender part of my heart I realize it is no longer tender because of hurt and pain...but it is now tender because of His Love and Healing. I'm so thankful for Everything He is and who He became to me in that part of my life.

It takes time for sure. and it is a journey.

But if you're struggling with any hurt/doubt/fear..etc., Enter into His rest.
Know that He who called you is Faithful and He who called you will do it {1 Thessalonians 5:24} .


Recognize Him as that.

Know Him as Everything you need.

Know Him as ___ {fill in the blank} ___ .



love.love.

jenny

2 comments:

Scott Allen said...

Jenny, you are one of my favorite people. This post is so good - your book will be too. So proud... we love you!

Kari said...

Very good. Good enough that I need to email you personally with my thoughts on this one. Love you girl!

love.love.