My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.janiceolivia.com/?page_id=31
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

resolutions



Resolution- noun.The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.A resolving to do something.A course of action determined or decided on.


I really need to write more. Well, maybe I'll put that on my resolution list. I haven't really made one...but I do have things in my heart that I want to do more of this year.


1. re evaluate my time. investing it in a much greater degree to things of worth (Jesus, family, friendships)
2. run a half marathon
3. be a better friend
4. journal every day
5....list goes on.

Interesting statistic: They say that over 97% of resolutions won't be kept by people when they make them.

I am optimistic enough to believe I'd be in that 3% that does keep them, but it's only by the Lord's help.

I'll let you in on some things I'm going to do in keeping my goals for this year- complete with supporting scriptures:

1. Write down your goals
Habakkuk 2:2 {Then the Lord answered me and said: "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run that reads it}

I think Habakkuk 2:2 was put in the Word just for me (Well, and for everyone else who reads it...but I think the Lord had me in mind)
To be completely honest with you, sometimes {in the past}, when people would ask me to do something or tell me something, if I didn't write it down I would often forget it. I don't know why. I say in the past because I'm putting that on my goals for this year.
Some people can be told to do something and they'll remember without writing it down. I think it has something to do with what type of learner you are.

Anyway, when you write down your vision/goals you can be reminded of them everytime you see them...which is however often YOU CHOOSE to put your eyes on them.

How about daily?

That leads me to the second point of keeping my goals and resolutions.

2. Take it Day by Day.

Matthew 6:31-34 { So don't worry. Don't say, 'What will we eat?' Or, 'What will we drink?' Or, 'What will we wear?' People who are ungodly run after all of those things. Your Father who is in heaven knows that you need them. But put God's kingdom first. Do what he wants you to do. Then all of those things will also be given to you.So don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.}

Instead of wondering " Will I be in the 3% or the 97% at the end of the year?" take it day by day. I decide to be in that 3% today. Do that every day, and by the end of the week you'll still be in the 3%.

Long term vision is GOOD and Necessary...but you must also have daily vision as well...that's how the long term vision comes to pass.

pretty simple.

but pretty true.

3. Honor the Lord with your days.
Isaiah 50:4b { Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to His will. }
This could be an extension of the second one about taking things day by day....but it's a little deeper.

What would this next year be like if you DEDICATED each day to the Lord.

Definition of Dedicate: { to set apart and consecrate to a sacred purpose, to devote wholly and earnestly, to set aside for}

What a year it would be to HONOR the Lord with your days and goals.


Most of all, He'll help you. AND even the days when you slip back into the 97%, His GRACE treats you like you're still in the 3%.


That's just like my God :)


SO....I think I'm gonna take a little time to write down some goals I have for this year.

Let's live

....on purpose.

love.love.

j ♥


1 comment:

Kari said...

Hey Lady! Good post! I'd like to think I'm in the 3% too, but, like you, only because of Him. I learned years ago to write stuff down. But now I'm one of those who has lists and sticky notes every where. And to add to that I have notes on my *new* iPhone - :o) So, I always makes sure I do keep my eyes on what I've written down, or just like everything else, it will get lost in everything.

I've started my Write The Vision book. I do Brother Moore's Write the Vision and then add to it!

Now, I've been wanting to tell you something, but I keep forgetting (didn't write down this to do), so I'm going to tell you now:

Thank you for your impact on the world in 2009! You are an inspiration for all of us who would like to 'go ye', but don't exactly 'go ye' as often as we should. You touched many people with His love and with your love. Your heart for people to know Jesus is genuine and that makes you beautiful. To this day I think about that man in 9b on the airplane. It was one of your trips back home and you tweeted:
"On my flight back home. Sitting in 9a. Wonder if the guy in 9b knows Jesus. He will by the time we land." Has to be one of my favorite quotes from 2009. Anyway, you said the guy slept the whole time, but I realized that 'that' didn't matter. He was in the presence of Love when he sat down next to you and Love has a way of working on you in ANY situation. I'd like to see that man today and see if he has this hunger for Jesus that he is not quite sure where it came from!!! Awesome!

Happy 2010 girl! Live.On.Purpose. Sort of touched on that in one of my posts. So true!

love.love.